Skip to main content
V0.9 (Feb 2023)
- Track the history of changes to tags and tasks to allow reverting to an earlier state.
- Display context menu item from Explorer in Ritt. This lets you use your favorite tools such as 7zip directly from Ritt.
- Recognize Windows shortcut files (.lnk and .url).
- Migration from text-based format to SQLite database for better scalability. Backward compatible with the old format.
- Direct download and install option (.msi) with auto-update. See our website for more details.
- Several critical bug fixes.
V0.8 (Jan 2023)
- Migrate from UWP to Windows App SDK 1.2. Able to launch any file now (e.g. .py, .xaml).
- Integrate folder tree and tag tree in the left panel. Drag to insert and expand any folder.
- Can link files or folders with another folder by dragging from Explorer and dropping on Ritt while holding the ALT key. Similar to shortcuts, but with backlinks.
- Simplify the first launch experience. Ritt launches with a default database and all changes are automatically saved.
- Improve the performance of viewing large folders and moving/coping files. Uses system UI to display progress.
- Improve the reliability of tracking file movements, renames, and deletions in Explorer.
- Integrate out-of-the-box with QuickLook for previewing files.
- Refresh the general UI.
V0.7 (Oct 2022)
- Privacy: Ritt operates completely offline.
- Related tags flyout
- New tag attributes: Mirror, Dashboard. Enable new use cases for Ritt
- Incremental refresh when adding or deleting an item
- Bug fixed: Reduced performance after long use, among others
- Task management
- Relevant tags suggestion
- Active tags bar
- Display badge next to tagged items
- Improved search experience
- Navigate to tag and do tagging directly from the search prompt
- Improved Previewer
- Added sort function
- Added autosave and home button
- Greatly simplified UI
- The left panel of Sources is removed to reduce visual clutter and transfer focus to the tag trees
- Drag and drop files/folders onto the tag tree to create tags
- Option to show contents of tagged folders, when browsing by tags
- Option to disable file/folder thumbnails to improve performance
- Bug fixes, including a memory leak issue